I hope everybody experienced facial treatments at some beauty salon and pay for almost 1,500 or almost $30, am I right? I hate Math! Where we can achieved the same result in our own kitchen!
A good deep cleansing treat is to give your face a sauna.This is especially good for congested skin.
You need to fill a bowl with near boiling water and add four drops of each of the essential oils recommended for your skin type.
NORMAL : Mandarin and Lavender.
OILY : Lemon and Eucalyptus.
DRY : Rose and Chamomile.
Place a towel over your head and hold it over the bowl from a distance of about 30cm for a period of around two minutes. This opens the pores and prepares it for a face mask. You should not use a face sauna if you have sensitive skin, are pregnant or suffer from asthma.
You can use your favorite exfoliation product ex. apricot scrub You can also use brown sugar to exfoliates dead skin cell and deep seated dirt.
This will help to solve some issues like dry and oily skin.
Face mask for dry skin
1. Take 1 tbsp olive oil and mix with 2 tbsp of fresh cream, leave it on the face for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water.
2. Mix 1 tbsp of honey with 15 drops of orange juice and 1 tbsp of fuller’s earth and add 1 tbsp of rose water. Mix well and apply on the face, wash off after 10 miuntes.
Face mask for oily skin
1. Mix a tbsp of honey with 1 egg white and apply thickly on the face and neck. Leave for 10 minutes and wash off.
2. Mix 2 tbsp of papaya pulp with 10 drops of lemon juice and leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse well.
3. Take fresh juice of any of the fruits (orange, sweet lime, watermelon or papaya) and apply on the face as a mask. This is very relaxing, it cleanses the skin, closes pores and stimulates blood circulation.
Random Facial Mask:
Carrot Facial Mask
2-3 large carrots
4 1/2 tablespoons honey
Cook carrots, then mash. Mix with honey. Apply gently to the skin, wait 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water.
Glowing Facial Mask
You will love your radiant skin after using this recipe...
All you need is:
1 tbsp fuller's earth
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp mashed papaya
Mix and put on face for 20 minutes then rinse off.
Honey Facial Mask
Perhaps the best facial mask is honey.
Place a cloth in warm water and apply to your face to open the pores. Smear on honey, and leave on for 15 to 30 minutes.
Rinse off with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
Use once a week.
Orange Yogurt Mask
* 1 tsp plain yogurt (I chose Balkan Style)
* the juice of 1/4 of an orange
Stir to mix and then dip fingers into mixture and smooth onto face. The sensation is both cool and relaxing. Leave on for a five minutes and then rinse. If you are feeling sluggish, this is the perfect mask for you.
* Yogurt will cleanse and nourish your skin
* The orange is full of Vitamin C and AHA's
::.Tightening your pores
Wash your face with a cold water and dub some ice on your face, this will help to close your pores.
You can also use toner.
:: Apply moisturizer
Any moisturizer will do as long as recommended for your skin type.
Tadah! You have your facial at the comfort of your house!
Hope you like it girls!
Robyn's Nest July Contest!
1) You must be a "nester" (aka *follower*) to enter.
2) You may enter each contest up to 3 times!
3) In order to enter, you must post about my contest on your blog or other social network site like facebook, twitter or myspace.
4) You must include a valid link to my contest within your post.
5) Then, just e-mail me your name (include your blog id name if that's what I know you as) and the information about where I can find your post(s) about my blog contest with "Robyn's Nest [insert current month] Contest" in the subject line and I will add your entry(ies) into the contest.
6) Entries will be accepted the date the contest prize is announced and the last entry will be accepted at 11:59 p.m. of the Sunday before the contest drawing.
All valid entries will be placed into a random drawing which will be held on the third Wednesday of the month. I will post the winner's name that same day.
and that's it!